Tuesday 17 April 2012

Easter update

For the last week I was unable to upload the new updates to my blog so this will be a massive art dump post.
This time I focused on starting new pieces and finishing the ones I've started.

This is an image from the header of the blog. I've added the background and fixed the perspective, so the rule of thirds focuses on the face and the longboat in the distance. The lines lead the eye to the castle and return the focus through the clouds to the face again. I might change the placement of the castle because it creates a tangent with the edge of the painting. It's generally not good.
Wip


The main problem with this image I had was a slightly split lighting source, and the anatomy of the arm hidden underneath the cape. I fixed the hand, and added the belt around the sword.
Ulfheadnar - they were supposed to be a chosen warriors of Odin, so I make them look quite elitist. I want him to have a vibe of a barbaric king. I will also focus on the dragonhead and the carvings on it.
Berserker... I think I shoot myself starting with a midtone desaturated colours. Now I need to slowly build up on this.
In this image I've been working on the hog and girls clothes.
In this image I didn't really know what to put in the foreground. I've been experimenting with different things.


A sketch, I'll try to work on the textures in this image.
This image has a lot of symbolism in it. It's titled Baldrs' blood, the character featured on the painting is Loki god of mischief who killed one of other gods and was bound to be tortured by a serpent spitting poison on his face. I will add the serpent, as also Lokis symbol (two transoforming snakes) and the chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment